- Regina Pats. Our local WHL club is back in the playoffs after a three year absence. Don't bet against them winning a series (or two) either!
- U of R Cougars. Dave Taylor's women's basketball squad heads into nationals this weekend as the top seed. Good luck ladies!
- Mother Nature. Granted, weird things can happen between now and then, but it looks like an early spring is...springing...around here. Bring it on!
- Toronto Maple Leafs. Ho hum, another spring without a team to cheer for in the NHL playoffs. It's time for GM Brian Burke to go. In the time Burke has been with the Leafs, Doug Armstrong took St. Louis from sad sack status to top spot in the standings.
- Regina radio. I was listening to some sports talk radio on the drive home from Access Communications the other night. Seriously, I've heard campus radio stations that sounded better. This town had some great talent on the air when I moved here. Now? Not so much.
- Regina drivers. I could probably repeat this one every week. But honestly, when did stopping at stop signs and red lights become optional? And don't we also have a law against driving while talking or texting on a cell phone? Brutal.