- First things first - A very happy 13th birthday to my pride and joy, the Jakester!
- The J-man was born at 5:31 pm on a Friday. So I got three whole days off of work!
- It's no joke, when I called work on Thursday afternoon ( I was doing the early morning news run in those days) to say they were going to induce Jake's mom the following morning, my genius news director said "So...you could probably do the afternoon run tomorrow huh?" Gosh, I miss the radio industry. Oozing with class.
- The Moose Jaw Warriors flexed their collective muscles Saturday night, and handed the Pats an 8-1 beating - literally and figuratively.
- On the bright side, the Regina boys got what they wanted - a split of the first two games of the opening round series. Now they return home for games three and four Tuesday and Wednesday. Should be good!
- Odell Willis in Rider green? Could work, I suppose.
- So now the Riders go into training camp with a ton of prospects at defensive end. What a difference a year makes!
- Apparently that Tiger Woods guy still has a little golf left in him. Does yesterday's win make him the favourite heading into the Masters? Somewhere network tv execs are chortling in glee.
- I took the boy and his crew out for pizza and birthday cake Saturday night, followed by the Hunger Games. Not a bad movie! But definitely get there early, the lineups are monstrous.
- As I near the end of a more than 13 month long process, I have some advice for parents out there. Talk to your financial planner soon, to make the estate admin process as simple as possible for your family. Trust me, they'll appreciate it!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Okay, I'll acknowledge the start of another work week. But that doesn't mean I have to like it!