Monday, March 05, 2012

Monday musings

It's best to start the week with a clean slate. It looks like some people have a head start!

  • How about those Regina Pats? I wasn't feeling well Saturday night, and took a pass on the Pats game against Brandon. So of course they (Pats) rallied from a 4-0 3rd period deficit to win!
  • And, for good measure they followed that up with another comeback win last night over Prince Albert.
  • The U of R women's basketball team is now 0-5 in Can West finals under head coach Dave Taylor. Can somebody please find a witch doctor, or someone else qualified to break that curse?
  • In the meantime, the Cougars travel to Saskatoon this weekend to attempt to earn a berth at nationals at one of two regional qualifiers.
  • For fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs, does watching your team beat Montreal ever get old? Hell no!
  • The Leafs won their first game under new head coach Randy Carlyle on Saturday night, to keep their playoff hopes alive, even if just barely.
  • So I signed up for Twitter (@ppaczko) at long last. Now I just have to figure out what all the fuss is about. I'm sure there's a point to it all, I just haven't determined what it is.
  • Three weeks until my boy becomes a teenager. It's going to be an interesting few years. (Somewhere in the great beyond, my parents are saying "payback is coming!". They might be right.)
  • I saw a guy wearing bright neon green Nike shoes at Gold's Gym yesterday. I think I want a pair. As opposed to a pear, which is the body shape I'm trying to avoid by visiting Gold's! (Too late, you say? Damn)
  • I see the kids have to spend a whopping three days at school this week. Life is hard.
  • I just realized the convertible should be coming out of storage in another 4-6 weeks. Finally, a reason to live! C'mon spring, hurry. Hurry hard!

No comments: