- Congrats to the Regina Pats on clinching a playoff berth with a 5-4 home ice win over Moose Jaw Friday night. The boy and I were well entertained in our ritzy corporate seats.
- Warriors blueliner Dylan McIlrath could easily become public enemy number one in this town if the Pats and Warriors meet in the playoffs.
- We exchanged greetings with (soon to be) former Mayor Pat Fiacco at the Pats game. Is it just me, or does it look like Pat has gotten younger since announcing he won't be running for re-election?
- Congrats also to the U of R women's basketball team, which earned a trip to nationals in Calgary with a victory in a regional qualifier in Saskatoon.
- Dave Taylor's ladies go into the CIS championship as the top seed, and with the accompanying bulls-eye squarely on their backs. I'm guessing that's exactly the way they want it.
- Oh look, the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to finish out of the playoffs again! It's time for Brian Burke to move on, I'm afraid.
- Just think, the Leafs could have picked up Doug Armstrong instead of giving the GM's job to Burke.
- Armstrong has his St. Louis Blues among the elite teams in the league this year, while the Leafs are poised to extend their playoff drought to eight years. Nice.
- For some reason, I thoroughly enjoyed dropping the J-man off at school this morning. That's a Monday morning tradition I could get behind!
- Sadly, the boy's first wrestling season is over - despite getting his cast off last week. He's been relegated to observer status while his ankle finishes healing.
- So, now it's on to the school badminton team and lacrosse starts up next month. Never a dull moment!
- I'm starting to understand the psychology of working out with a personal trainer. If you tell them you hate a particular exercise, you'll get plenty of it.
- So in that case - I love squats! Love 'em! And cardio! Love that cardio! Bring it on!
Monday, March 12, 2012
The sun is up earlier, the temperature is climbing and the snow is melting. What's not to love?