- Good luck to the U of R women's basketball squad and the Regina Pats this weekend.
- The Pats close out the WHL regular season with a home and away set with Brandon. Pat Conacher's crew likely won't know who they meet in the first round of the playoffs until Saturday night or Sunday.
- Dave Taylor's women's hoopsters are in pursuit of their second CIS championship - the first since 2001, when Taylor was an assistant to Christine Stapleton.
- With temperatures forecast for the mid to high teens over the next few days, is it time to take the plunge and put the summer tires on the SUV?
- It's gonna feel weird not taking the J-man to baseball games and practices this season, but I can learn to enjoy the lacrosse experience, I'm sure.
- And let's face it, after last baseball season (trust me, it wasn't fun), we're both ready for a change!
- Registration has opened for the 2012 Regina Minor Football season. Any potential pee wee aged all-star running backs in NE Regina are encouraged to sign up! Please?
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders are looking for a Manager of Communications. I suspect they'll be getting a few applications for that one!
- So the Hamilton Tiger-Cats released former all-star defensive end Stevie Baggs yesterday, and the Riders immediately said they're not interested. Okay, tell us how you really feel!
- Maybe it's because it happened so close to my home town, but I can't help reading the Michael Rafferty trial coverage. He's the pond scum accused of killing 8 year old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ontario in 2009.
- The prosecution's star witness is Rafferty's former girlfriend, who is already serving a life sentence for her role in Tori's death. She's a real prize as well.
- I'm not normally a big capital punishment proponent, but I'd be willing to make an exception for those two.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Grumpy mood, and fingers on the keyboard. What could possibly go wrong?