- Peyton Manning is a Denver Bronco. Somewhere Tim Tebow is wondering if he picked the wrong side in the whole good vs evil debate.
- Has anyone checked on Rob Vanstone this morning? Regina's most vocal Broncos fan may have gone into shock!
- Speaking of shockers, what happened to the U of R Cougars at the CIS women's basketball championships? The top seeded Cougars dropped their opening game to the 8th ranked Calgary Dinos (home team), and will play the U of S today in the fifth place game. Bummer.
- The Regina Pats dropped both ends of a home-and-away set with Brandon, to finish in 7th spot in the WHL's eastern conference. That's the bad news.
- The good news - local hockey fans get a dream matchup in the first round, as the Pats take on the Moose Jaw Warriors. Start the car Mabel, this place is about to get crazy!
- Speaking of getting crazy - what the hell happened Saturday night in my hometown of London, Ontario?
- Londoners everywhere are embarrassed by the antics of a rioting mob that went beserk near Fanshawe College, where I studied Broadcast Journalism in the late 80's.
- Riots were the last thing on our minds in those days. Who had time, with school work, chasing girls, drinking beer and watching sports occupying our thoughts? You know, the kinds of things upstanding college students are supposed to be into!
- With Matt Flynn signing with the Seattle Seahawks, Graham Harrell moves up to 2nd on the quarterback depth chart in Green Bay.
- The only guy ahead of him is Aaron Rodgers, the reigning NFL MVP.
- And yet Harrell couldn't crack the active roster while he was in Saskatchewan? Go figure.
- One week and counting before the J-man becomes a teenager. Pray for me. Pray for us all.
Monday, March 19, 2012
It seems a shame to spoil such a productive and relaxing weekend by going back to work on a Monday!