Thursday, March 01, 2012

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

A weekly assortment of things and people that either impressed or depressed me! As always, feel free to contribute your own cheers or jeers.

Cheers
  • Legends Sports Memorabilia. Trent did an awesome job restoring and framing an old sports poster of mine. If you have a sports (or non-sports) item you'd live to preserve, give him a call!
  • Java Express (south Albert). I'm not usually a tea drinker, but their chai tea latte (yeah, I know I should have to temporarily surrender my man card for drinking that) is awesome.
  • Access Communications. I had a little problem this week with customer service/billing, and it was resolved quickly and painlessly.

Jeers

  • Toronto Maple Leafs. Brian Burke and Ron Wilson did it to me (and the rest of Leaf Nation) again - teasing me with the prospect of a playoff berth, only to soil the sheets in the last quarter of the season. You'd think I would have learned by now.
  • Indianapolis Colts. I'm told the Colts didn't send a representative to the funeral of CFL legend (and Colts scout) Cal Murphy. If that's true, it's pretty low.
  • The furor over the pending arrival of a Lingerie Football League franchise in Regina. I'm not planning to attend. If you don't like the idea, I suggest you do the same. In the battle for media/public attention, indifference is far more damaging than outrage. Ask Howard Stern about that sometime.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Okay. I think I'm ready for this...

Cheers:

- Animal Clinic of Regina (yeah, I know I always say them, but they're keeping my elderly dog healthy and happy, and that's important)
- Beer Bros - good food, good service, and they always answer the phone with 'How can I make your day better?'
- Flip eatery - nice little place. I love that I can make reservations online (heck, I love that I can make reservations at all!) You could feel the smokey heat from the grill, but beyond that, it was very good food at reasonable prices.
- Speaking of reasonable prices - Jack Keaton's, on Rochdale. It's a fast-food steak and rib place. I wouldn't say it's the best food I've had anywhere, but when you get two huge slabs of juicy beef and a ton of fries for $10 ... well, they're doing something right.
- Little dogs. Big ones, too, probably, but right now, I'll cheer for the little ones. :) Speaking of which, how's Dexter doing?

Jeers:

- Original Joes - the new restaurant at Golden Mile. I have no idea what the food is like. They don't take reservations, they don't let you hold a table for a large group -- how do they expect a large group to be able to eat there? Bushwakkers is just as bad.
- People who can't drive in the snow. Saw a SaskTel van who'd rear-ended someone on the way home from work. Nice.

Aaaannnd... I'm braindead today, so can't think of anything else.

Pac58 said...

Dexter's doing very well, thanks!