- One to the head seems like a good way for Osama bin Laden to exit this world.
- I see one of his "homies" used a woman as a human shield during the firefight with the Navy Seals. al-Qaeda = gutless to the end, apparently.
- While Americans and people around the world celebrate the death of the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, let's not kid ourselves into believing terrorism died with bin Laden.
- You know what's going to happen don't you? Because the body was buried at sea, the conspiracy theorists are going to claim bin Laden isn't really dead. Guaranteed.
- Regina Pats defenceman Myles Bell made a really, really stupid decision this weekend. Sincerest condolences to the family of the young lady from Regina killed in the single vehicle accident.
- I only hope that this tragedy convinces other elite-level athletes, or teenagers in general, that they are not invincible. Sadly, I doubt it will.
- Is this the year the San Jose Sharks finally shed the label of post-season choke artists? I wouldn't bet against them, quite frankly.
- 55,000 people took in the UFC event in Toronto on Saturday, to watch Canada's Georges St-Pierre hold off Jake Shields in the main event.
- Can you imagine professional boxing drawing that many people to the Rogers Centre? No, me neither.
- After being delayed by the weather Saturday, the Major A Orioles launch their 2011 North Regina Little League season tonight. Good seats are still available!
- You have until Saturday to take advantage of early bird pricing on a 2011 membership at the Lakeshore Tennis Club, if you are so inclined.
- What if we held a federal election and nobody cared? Having said that, yes I'll be casting my ballot after work.
- Will Stephen Harper get his majority? Will Jack Layton be the Leader of the Official Opposition? Will the Greens elect somebody?
- You'll excuse me if I'm not really looking forward to Mother's Day this Sunday. That's gonna be a tough day.
Monday, May 02, 2011
Lots going on these days! Here's a sampling: