- Derek Boogaard. What the hell?
- Sincere condolences to the family and friends (of whom there are lots in Regina) of the popular New York Rangers forward, found dead this weekend at the age of 28.
- Do you think Gary Bettman's worst nightmare is a Vancouver/Tampa Bay Stanley Cup final?
- I wonder what the tv ratings in the U.S. would be like for that series? I'm guessing re-runs of Charles in Charge would do better in some markets.
- Still, I'd watch. A series featuring the Sedin twins, Ryan Kesler, Vinny LeCavalier, Marty St. Louis and Steven Stamkos can't be all bad!
- It would appear Jose Bautista of the Toronto Blue Jays was not a one-hit wonder.
- If some other bats in the Jays' lineup heat up, and their pitching picks up, it could be an interesting summer by the shores of Lake Ontario.
- The Major A Orioles have dropped two games in a row. Must be the players!
- Did you know that doing standing bicep curls at the gym can be excruciatingly painful when you have sore ribs? Now you do. Ouch.
- Thanks again to Roy, Ken and the crew at Regina Automotive Warehouse. The new summer toy was definitely enjoyed this weekend!
- And of course my first stop Saturday was to see Calvin Rhead at Crazy Kileys. I'm predictable that way.
- Did you know that getting in and out of a two-seater convertible can also be really painful with sore ribs? Not that I cared, mind you...
Monday, May 16, 2011
A collection of thoughts from an otherwise idle mind: