- Did you call your mom yesterday? A belated Happy Mother's Day to all!
- After the first week of action, the NRLL Major A Orioles lead the standings with a record of 3-0-1. So far, so good. Must be the coaching.
- A thumbs up to everyone associated with the Don Narcisse football camp on the weekend. The J-man was one of almost 300 happy campers in the morning session on Saturday.
- You'll excuse me if I don't get too worked up about the outcome of the CFL draft until I see what the new recruits can do against legitimate CFL competition.
- Although, you can never go wrong with picking (as the Riders did) a player from that football factory of London, Ontario!
- Welcome to the prairies, Craig Butler of the UWO Mustangs. Pack warm clothes.
- If this draft allows the Riders to successfully address their deficiencies on special teams, it will have to be considered a success.
- The San Jose Sharks aren't really going to blow a 3-0 series lead against Detroit, are they?
- If they do, it's time to blow up that roster.
- That's a pretty darn good team representing Canada at the World Hockey Championships. I'd expect to see quite a few of those players wearing the maple leaf on their chests at the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Do you think LeBron and Chris Bosh will cry like scolded schoolgirls if they lose their NBA playoff series to the Boston Celtics? That alone would be worth it!
- So, what's sadder - that the Regina Pats are scrambling to sell season tickets, or that Elton John can't sell out the Brandt Centre?
- Did anyone's house or garage blow up today? Seems to be a daily occurrence in these parts lately!
Monday, May 09, 2011
It's the first day of what's shaping up to be a rainy and cool week. Blech.