- Football season is almost here, as the Saskatchewan Roughriders open rookie camp on Wednesday and main camp on the weekend.
- For the first time in his CFL career, Rider quarterback Darian Durant won't be touching Jeremy O'Day's butt on every offensive play.
- The competition for the starting centre position (pretty much the quarterback of the offensive line) will be one of several to watch during camp.
- I'll be interested to see who lines up at defensive end opposite Brent Hawkins, at defensive tackle in place of Chunky Adams, and at the slotback spot vacated by Andy Fantuz.
- JR Hildebrand - what the hell were you thinking? Has there ever been a bigger choke job in the history of the Indianapolis 500?
- I had a nice chat with Josh Harding this morning. That young man has had a tough year. The Minnesota Wild netminder suffered a season-ending injury early in the NHL campaign, and the death of one of his best friends (New York Ranger Derek Boogaard) this month.
- We'll talk to Josh on Locker Talk when he gets back from Minnesota in mid-June.
- I can't decide who to cheer for in the Stanley Cup final. On the one hand, a Vancouver win would return the Cup to Canada for the first time since 1993.
- On the other hand, I just don't like the Canucks!
- Nothing to report from the world of little league baseball, as the NRLL Major A tournament was cancelled this weekend.
- All in all, it was a pretty low-key birthday weekend. Which is to be expected at my advanced age, I suppose!
Monday, May 30, 2011
The things that are flitting in and out of my stream of consciousness on this Monday: