- London Knights. My hometown boys have advanced to the Memorial Cup final. I'd love to see them take on Edmonton in the final, but I suspect the opposition will be the defending champion Saint John Sea Dogs.
- L.A. Kings. Carlo Palazzo's favourite team is back in the Stanley Cup final for only the second time in Our Man Carlo's life. Man, I know what that's like. However, unlike the Leafs (I was two years old the last time they played for the Cup), Carlo's Kings have a real shot at winning it all in 2012.
- The Avengers. Wanton violence? Check. Cheesy comedy? Check. Scarlett Johannson in a skin-tight jumpsuit? Check! All in all, a good time at the theatre!
- Phoenix Coyotes. Yes, the Yotes were the victims of some questionable calls in their western conference final loss to L.A. But the parting shots at the refs and the Kings demonstrate why the desert dogs aren't a championship calibre team (yet).
- A wet and wild spring. You know what all this rainfall in May means down the road, don't you? Yep, welcome to Mosquitoville, boys and girls!
- What a boring week it's been on the municipal campaign trail! No restraining orders, no zany Twitter follies, no awkward "news" conferences, nothing! C'mon people, the electorate demands to be (unintentionally) entertained, damnit!