Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday musings

So this is what 47 feels like huh? Meh. Meh, indeed!

  • As far as birthday celebrations go, yesterday's was pretty darn low key - but that's okay, I think.
  • Once you get to a certain age, you probably don't want to draw too much attention to the fact you're aging!
  • Last night's Memorial Cup final probably took a few years off my life. It was heartbreaking to see my London Knights lose, but the game itself was a dandy - especially the overtime period!
  • Thanks to Rod and Cindy and Carlo and Rhea for joining me at the Press Box for the festivities. A good time was had by all.
  • This time next week I'll be in a new office, starting a 9 month secondment. This was in the works well before last week's provincial government re-organization, and will land me at one of the few ministries that wasn't significantly impacted. That's definitely a plus.
  • Congrats to the Leader-Post's Rob Vanstone, who has dropped almost 60 pounds on his running/eating healthy regimen. Now go out and buy some new clothes, Rob!
  • Should I sign up for one more three month session with Satan the trainer? The last stint got me in much better shape, and cut my body fat % pretty significantly, but I didn't lose a single pound!
  • Saskatchewan Roughrider rookies hit the field on Wednesday, with veterans reporting on the weekend. Let the games begin! 
  • The competitions at running back, back-up quarterback, wide receiver, linebacker and defensive end will be the most hotly contested (and scrutinized) at Rider camp. Let's hope an off-season of beating the bushes paid off!
  • The offensive line appears set, although someone still needs to step up and stake a claim to the left tackle position. That will be an interesting competition as well.
  • Don't forget to register your kids for the University of Regina Rams summer football camps. The kids on the offensive line will be receiving coaching from the likes of Rams coach Sheldon Neald, Rams star lineman Brett Jones, and...me. Well, two out of three ain't bad!

No comments: