Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

I better make this quick, so I don't miss the planning committee meeting for the Stanley Cup parade in downtown Toronto.  It's always good to be prepared!

Cheers
  • Congrats to Regina product Ben Heenan. The U of S offensive lineman will be selected by the Saskatchewan Roughriders with the 1st pick of today's CFL draft.
  • Regina Minor Football.  I couldn't sleep the other night, because I was excited about our (pee wee Unicorns) plans for the upcoming season.  Granted, that may indicate I need a life, but still!
  • London Knights. It's nice to have a hockey team to cheer for this late in the season! My hometown junior team is four wins away from an OHL championship and a berth in the Memorial Cup.
Jeers
  • The (lunatic) fringe portion of the fan base that is up in arms over the design of the Saskatchewan Roughriders' new jerseys.  I don't mind them.  But even if I did...well, it's just clothes.
  • Has sunshine been outlawed for the spring of 2012? Is this the price we pay for a (relatively) short and mild winter? Enough already!
  • Having to write a cheque for many, many Canadian dollars to the Canada Revenue Agency. Interestingly, the cheque was mailed, processed and cashed in five days. And yet, income tax refunds seem to take a little longer. Imagine!

No comments: