- Mo Lloyd just can't catch a break. First he gets dumped by the Edmonton Eskimos and spends a year out of football. Now, he gets released in his second go-around with the Riders before training camp even begins.
- With the release of Lloyd and Kye Stewart, can we surmise the Riders plan to go with the Canadian duo of Shomari Williams and Mike McCullough at middle linebacker?
- With apologies to local folks who will be supporting the WHL representatives from Edmonton, I'll be cheering hard for my hometown London Knights at the upcoming Memorial Cup tournament.
- The 2013 Mem Cup will be held in Saskatoon, the same city the offspring and I spent this past weekend in.
- Man, there's a lot of construction and roadwork going on in Toontown! Remind me not to complain about traffic delays in Regina - our northern neighbours have it way worse!
- The Fuddruckers experience was disappointing, as everyone at our table complained of dry tasting burgers. Gotta hate that!
- However, our dining party did agree that a Fuddruckers in east Regina would probably do very, very well.
- The only drawback of a weekend in Saskatoon was missing the cultural phenomenon of High Impact Wrestling at the Victoria Club. Rumour has it that Locker Talk combatants King Kash and Bull Bodnar brought the house down Saturday night.
- Attention HIW head office: book Chad Novak and Mark Rathwell in a steel cage match. It's what the people want. It's what they deserve.
- This Novak fellow is making the race for the mayor's chair in Regina highly entertaining. The action on Twitter is worth the price of admission alone!
- Getting back to Locker Talk, the summer of 2012 is shaping up to be a memorable one for Carlo Palazzo, star of our monthly Our Man Carlo segment. His L.A. Kings might win the first Stanley Cup in franchise history just a few short weeks before the Italian Stallion gets married. Not bad!
Monday, May 14, 2012
The work week kicks off...alert me when it's over.