- This week's royal visit fell squarely in the "meh" category for me. I'm sure Charles and Camilla are lovely people, but I just couldn't bring myself to give a damn.
- Just a few days until football season begins around here, with Saskatchewan Roughrider rookies hitting the field on Wednesday.
- Let's hope some of the glittering football resumes translate into performance, rather than the less than stellar efforts put forth by the likes of highly-touted prospects like Terrence Nunn and Darryl Hobbs in recent years.
- Past performances in the NCAA or even the NFL mean squat unless the player can get it done against CFL competition.
- That's why I refuse to get too worked up about training camp reports. Or even exhibition games. Alert me when each pass, kick, block and tackle has an impact on the standings!
- I know where I'll be Sunday at 5 p.m. I'll be in front of a tv watching the London Knights battle either Saint John or Shawinigan in the Memorial Cup final. Go Knights, Go!
- I also look forward (beats the alternative!) to turning a year older on Sunday. Accordingly, I note that the stores are all open tomorrow for your shopping pleasure.
- I ran into Regina Pats general manager Chad Lang at the Lumsden Arena the other evening. He looks a lot more relaxed than he did at this time last year!
- Here's (selfishly) hoping an NHL team doesn't make Pats coach Pat Conacher an offer he can't refuse this summer. I really like the direction Lang and Conacher have their team headed in.
- It's been quite a wild day in many provincial government offices, thanks to Premier Brad Wall's cabinet shuffle and government re-organization. It would appear the fallout is going to keep folks busy for months to come.
- Will the changes result in better service for the people of Saskatchewan? I'll let you judge for yourselves!
- Plantar fasciitis is a far too convenient excuse for skipping the cardio portion of workouts. Convenient, and...awesome! Well, except for the pain in my foot.
- But, you know what they say; short term pain for long term...lazy?
Friday, May 25, 2012
This one goes out to Chuck and Cammy - thanks for stopping by this week!