- The Saskatchewan Roughriders have now lost four in a row, with one game remaining in the regular season. Will the Riders rest some starters this week against Edmonton? I'm guessing not.
- Many Rider fans have progressed from anger and disappointment to making jokes about the recent follies of their football heros. This is not a good sign.
- Seriously, when your fan base is laughing at you, things are not going well.
- Will the Riders turn things around in time to salvage the 2010 season? Crazier things have happened, although none come to mind immediately.
- Some members of the Vancouver media refer to the Riders' (and formerly the Lions') fumble-prone kick returner as Ryan Grease-Mullins. Now that's a handle that fits.
- The Rams, Thunder, Pats and Leafs all lost this weekend as well. Thank goodness for the Green Bay Packers, or I'd be thoroughly depressed!
- Brett Favre is becoming the punch line in a very sad joke. Seriously Brett, it's time to walk away.
- However, the thought of watching the Minnesota Vikings continue to stumble and bumble their way through the season doesn't exactly sadden me.
- Hey Jerry Jones! Do you still think your Cowboys are going to play in their own Super Bowl this season?
- Did you get many kids for Hallowe'en this year? 20 trick-or-treaters came calling at the Paczko estate this year. That's about half as many as last year. Anyone want some leftover candy?
Monday, November 01, 2010
Let's start the week with a clean slate, so to speak: