- The Riders need to contain two players in particular: Jamal Robertson and Geroy Simon. If those two don't have huge games, the green guys should win.
- Saskatchewan's offense showed signs of waking from its month-long slumber last week. Hopefully the trend continues on Sunday.
- Let's all cross our fingers and hope the game doesn't come down to the Riders lining up to kick a last second field goal for the win. I'm sure Warren Kean is a fine person, but...
- Let's hope Barrin Simpson's ankle injury isn't an issue. The Riders will need all hands on deck to shut down B.C.'s running game.
- A high of plus 2 for Sunday? We'll take it.
- I may have picked the wrong year to skip the annual year-end Regina Minor Football volunteer appreciation/awards night. I won the Coach of the Year award!
- In the event anyone who voted for me reads this blog - thank you! And thank you to the Cougars assistant coaches, players and parents for a fantastic season.
- Here's the scenario for next year: Reigning atom division coach of the year moves up to pee-wee to take over a team that finished 0-9 the previous year. And...winning ensues? We'll see!
- Apparently I don't need to make plans to be in Toronto in June for the Stanley Cup victory parade.
- The Leafs are playing like crap and the Montreal Canadians are atop their division. Yep, that's about as bad as it gets!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Hey, rumour has it there's a football game in town this weekend! Here's what I think about that, among other topics: