Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday thoughts

It's the eve of Grey Cup weekend. Frankly I'm just grateful to be able to form any thoughts - lucid or otherwise.

  • Congrats to the Riders' Andy Fantuz on his first CFL Outstanding Canadian award. There should be more to come.
  • Fantuz beat out Dave Stala, who the Montreal Alouettes basically tossed on the football scrap heap following the 2008 season.
  • I had no idea (or maybe I just didn't care enough to find out) that Stala was born in Poland. We're practically home boys!
  • Mind you, Fantuz and I went to the same university - so we're obviously very tight as well!
  • Henry Burris wins the league MOP and the incessant whining stops. For one night.
  • On Locker Talk this week, Mitch Blair made Weston Dressler his pick for the 2010 Grey Cup MVP (do you really need to ask who Mitch is picking to win the game?).
  • I'm going out on a bit of limb here, but I'll pick Wes Cates.
  • The game's outstanding Canadian? Fantuz. But Chris Getzlaf is a definite possibility also.
  • So yeah, I guess I'm predicting a Rider victory as well. I won't embarrass myself by trying to predict the final score.
  • One fearless prediction I can make with 100% certainty. Cheesy treats will be consumed and enjoyed while watching the 2010 Grey Cup. Enjoy (burp) the game!

No comments: