- So, will the Vancouver Canucks be a dramatically different team by the time training camp rolls around in the fall? A first-round playoff loss will tend to do that to some teams.
- It seems obvious the Canucks want to move ahead with Cory Schneider as their starting goalie. But who would be dumb enough to take on Robert Luongo's bloated salary in a trade? (Cue the Leafs)
- Have the Detroit Red Wings finally fallen from the ranks of perennial contenders? A great team got old. It happens.
- If Brent Sutter goes to Edmonton, the Oilers will be in the playoffs next year. Book it.
- The Moose Jaw Warriors are reeling, after taking back-to-back 6-1 shellackings in Edmonton to open the WHL eastern final. Game three goes tomorrow night in Moose Jaw. Suffice to say the Warriors are in must-win territory.
- My hometown London Knights lead Kitchener 2-0 in the OHL's west final. Not that you care, but I like having at least one hockey team to follow at this time of year!
- 26 degrees in Regina today, and the forecast is calling for snow in southern Ontario. Yeah, baby!
- The J-man and I rented the latest Mission Impossible movie on the weekend. It was...okay at best. The best movie we've rented recently remains We Bought a Zoo. It's a great family flick, if you're looking for viewing options.
- Sticking with the quality family entertainment theme, the boy and I were well entertained at the latest High Impact Wrestling spectacle on the weekend. I still think Mitch Blair and Rex Roberts (who was resplendent in a spring frock, I might add) need to settle their differences in the squared circle. That would be outstanding.
- Lacrosse season starts this week. As someone who never played the sport (other than in gym class), I don't have much helpful advice to offer the offspring. (Hey! Maybe that's why he wanted to try lacrosse. Clever little man.)
- Satan the trainer is back from Calgary, and the torture resumes tonight. Can't say that I've missed him!
- Football fans in these parts are anxiously awaiting the arrival of approximately 50 prospective Roughriders at a two day mini camp this week. Should be fun!
Monday, April 23, 2012
Whoa, I see the blogger.com site has changed things up around here. Well, hopefully this post actually makes it to the interwebs. If not, let's blame the technology!