Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday thoughts

Idle thoughts on the eve of another weekend free from the burden of watching playoff hockey!

  • Thanks for the apology letter, Toronto Maple Leafs. Interesting how you held back on sharing details of your plan to stop sucking. Perhaps because there isn't one?
  • I wish I could cheer for the Vancouver Canucks. I really do. But I can't.
  • I can, however, salute the Moose Jaw Warriors for sweeping Medicine Hat in their WHL eastern conference semi-final. Next up, the Edmonton Oil Kings.
  • Thumbs up to Edmonton Oiler (and former Pats star) Jordan Eberle for lending his good name to a charity golf tournament in Regina. I suspect Ebs will bring a few of his NHL pals along for what should be a star-studded affair.
  • Odell Willis, what the hell were you thinking? I'm beginning to think he possesses the rare combination of NFL skills, and touch football smarts, if you know what I mean.
  • We used to have a saying in my radio days about some of our more vacuous colleagues: "He has a New York voice, and a Rosetown brain." You get the idea.
  • Hey Bobby Petrino, you know that gnawing feeling in your gut? That's karma. Enjoy it.
  • In hindsight, I'm guessing the Atlanta Falcons aren't too sad that Petrino bailed on them to coach the Arkansas Razorbacks. Sounds like the guy has been "stepping out" on people his whole life!
  • Dwayne Wade wants to be ($$) compensated for playing in the Olympics. Just like that, LeBron James slips to third (behind Wade and Ozzie Guillen) on the south Florida douche meter!
  • I have no urge to work out with Satan the trainer today. But, I also have no desire to be a big ball of goo. Something's gotta give in that scenario!

No comments: