Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

We can't all be stars, but it's nice to acknowledge those who put in an honest effort. And, warn others about those who do not! So, without any further ado...


Cheers

  • North Regina Little League. The weather consistently causes scheduling headaches, but once again organizers found a way to get all the games in by the end of the school year. Well done.
  • Eriksen Construction. Dave is a treat to deal with. He gets the job done well, and always looks after any issues that may crop up afterward. And he returns phone calls promptly. Imagine!
  • Dale Degenstein. If you're looking for an electrician, Dale's your guy!
  • Regina Minor Football. The league has appointed me the head coach of the pee wee Unicorns for this season. Let the games begin!
Jeers
  • The "yeah, whatever" generation. When did so many kids stop having any enthusiasm for...well, anything? Actually, after meeting their parents, I can see where it comes from.
  • The controversy over the Craven country music festival getting indirect government funding. As long as no flooded homeowners and/or farmers are being left out as a result, I'm totally fine with it.
  • Graffiti. It's really becoming my least favourite thing about living in this city. The people who do it are complete wastes of skin.
That's my list for this week. Add your own, if you dare!

1 comment:

Bev said...

NOW you give me the name of a good electrician! But I was very impressed with J&J Electric -- when other companies were scheduling me in days later with a blown main breaker, J&J sent someone out immediately, who fixed everything in about an hour. My hero!

Not as happy with a certain SaskEnergy employee, but the company finally sent out someone who knew what he was doing, and got my water heater working again.

And a big CHEER to all the volunteers, participants, team captains, staff, and everyone else involved with Relay For Life in the province of Saskatchewan. You ALL rock!