- Congrats to all the players who survived cutdown day with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
- No huge surprises among the cuts, although I'm sad to see long-time long snapper Jocelyn Frenette get sent packing.
- Congrats to all around good guy Marc Parenteau on winning the competition for the starting centre position. Marc takes over from Jeremy O'Day, who retired in the off season to take a football operations position with the team.
- Travis Lulay, you better stay healthy! The Pac's Rats selected the B.C. Lions pivot with the 6th overall pick of our CFL fantasy draft last night.
- Our league looks to be very well run by commissioner Scott Clark, despite his annoying habit of stealing players who were on my draft list!
- Despite that, my running backs are Fred Reid (Winnipeg) and Jon Cornish (Calgary), with Ken-Yon Rambo (Calgary), Fred Stamps (Edmonton) and Jermaine Copeland (Toronto) handling the pass-catching.
- My reserve receiver is none other than Andy Fantuz - a brilliant selection if he doesn't make the NFL's Chicago Bears.
- The North Regina Little League season came to a merciful end for the Major A Orioles on the weekend. This might have been the most frustrating team I've ever been involved with!
- We (coaches) knew it was going to be a challenging task when about half of the parents dropped their kids off at the diamond and didn't even bother to stick around to watch the games!
- It's really tough connecting with kids in the "yeah, whatever" era. I'm not a fan of it.
- Let's hope the Regina Minor Football pee wee Unicorns are a more enthusiastic lot. It would be hard for them not to be!
- On that note, the J-man and I ramp up our football training tonight. Wind sprints, how I've missed you!
- Looking for a cool gift for the hard to shop for Rider fan in your life? Check this out. Scroll down for some interesting gift ideas from a very talented fan of the green and white.
- The CFL season starts for real Sunday at Mosaic Stadium. See you there!
Monday, June 27, 2011
This is the way we start our week, start our week, start our week...