- So it's the first day of April. Will spring be making an appearance this month? Dare to dream!
- Former Roughrider Scott Schultz is coming out of retirement to play for the Calgary Stampeders? It's on the interweb, so it must be true!
- The comments section of Rod Pedersen's blog should be mandatory reading for anyone who disputes the negative repercussions of allowing first cousins to marry.
- The Chunky Adams era with the Riders came to an end this week. Good guy, but that's the business of pro sports.
- That's two popular veterans cut loose (Omarr Morgan being the other) by the green and white this off-season. If you believe these things happen in threes, who is next?
- For the conspiracy theorists - did Jeremy O'Day escape the ax by accepting a job in the front office? Just a thought.
- Congrats to Regina Minor Football for renaming the bantam coach of the year award the Brian Saip Bantam Coach of the Year award. Excellent decision.
- The bantam Lakers will wear a special patch honouring coach Saip on their jerseys this season. That's also a very fitting tribute.
- For the record, I'm not in favour of Team Canada wearing green at the World Men's Curling Championships next Tuesday. However, it's not worth losing sleep over either.
- The P.A. Raiders aren't going to upset the Saskatoon Blades are they? That first round WHL series is tied at two wins apiece.
- For Pats fans who may not understand the previous post - I'm referring to the WHL playoffs.
- Are the Toronto Maple Leafs cruelly teasing their fans with another late-season surge that falls just short of the playoffs? Or is this really going to be a team to watch next season?
- Let's face it, Leafs fans (myself included) have been fooled before!
- Wrestlemania highlights the entertainment schedule at Casa Paczko this weekend. The upper crust of Regina society will be in attendance.
- The J-man's baseball evaluations are tomorrow. The question is: how many weeks before the ball diamonds are actually playable?
- It always comes back to the weather around here, doesn't it?
Friday, April 01, 2011
Some things are just too good not to comment on. So, without any further ado...