- The Chicago Blackhawks are going to bow out of the Stanley Cup playoffs with little more than a whimper. Go figure.
- Actually, it's not that hard to figure out. They're up against an excellent opponent, and this year's Hawks have none of the grit that carried the team to the championship last year.
- Speaking of bowing out with a whimper, what is going on with the Boston Bruins? The Montreal Canadians have owned the B's in the first two games of their series, with the next two being played in Habville.
- Carey Price is starting to look like a championship-calibre goaltender. So is Roberto Luongo, for that matter.
- Could there be a chance of two Canadian teams meeting in the Cup final? Wouldn't that be something.
- Early prediction for Canada's goaltender lineup for the next Winter Olympics. Luongo, Price and Marc Andre Fleury.
- Chunky Adams as an Edmonton Eskimo? Weird.
- So, if the Riders cut Gainer - will Eric Tillman sign him too?
- Is there going to be an NFL season this year? I hope so, but if not, that just means the Packers will hang onto their title a little longer.
- Memo to members of the sports media: please learn the difference between a strike and a lockout. The current situation in the NFL is a lockout. The two words are not interchangeable.
- The J-man will wear the colours of the Orioles in the 2011 North Regina Little League season. The poor O's will be stuck with yours truly as an assistant coach.
- For those keeping score at home (as if!), Jacob and I are going for our third straight league title this year. The pressure is on!
- I finally entered the doors of Legends Sports Memorabilia on the weekend. I can see me returning many times. Trent has a pretty fine set-up, with something for every sports fan!
- Looking for a little slice of heaven? Try the perogy sandwich at the Deli Lama. I don't even want to know how many calories were in that thing!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Just another manic Monday (whoa, whoa). You're welcome for planting that Bangles song in your head for the rest of the day!