Monday, April 04, 2011

Monday musings

Kind of an uneventful weekend (not that that's a bad thing!), so there really isn't an awful lot to blog about. Or is there?

  • Sincere condolences to the family and friends of Mandi Schwartz, a former star hockey player for the Notre Dame Hounds. Her public battle against cancer came to a very unfortunate end this weekend.
  • Wrestlemania? Meh! In hindsight, there were many better uses for the $65 investment required to watch that pay-per-view.
  • The food and company were top-notch though!
  • With the World Men's Curling Championships and the WCP (indoor soccer) Cup both underway this weekend, parking was a little dicey at Evraz Place. Still, you won't catch me complaining about having high-profile sporting events in our fair city.
  • Nothing against Jim Calhoun and UConn, but I'll be pulling for the Butler Bulldogs in tonight's final of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
  • Memo to the folks at Gold's Gym South: the climate control system needs a little work. I swear it was at least 80-85 degrees in the gym on Friday night. Sweating while working out is good. Sweating while walking between machines and/or standing still? Not so much.
  • I decided to give the Petro-Can car wash on south Albert a try this weekend. Big mistake. Now I'm in the market for a rear wiper arm for my vehicle. Nice.
  • Was that the last of the snow for this season on the weekend? Given the way this winter played out, I wouldn't necessarily count on it!
  • They may not make the playoffs, but I think the Toronto Blue Jays will be highly watchable this season. The J-man and I may need to take in a game during our Ontario holiday, if time permits.

No comments: