Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

Let's see what we can come up on the eve of a long Easter weekend:

Cheers
  • Legends Sports Memorabilia. Trent runs a must-see shop for any die hard sports fan. I picked up some Packers gear last weekend, and can definitely see myself returning. Often.
  • Air Canada (how often do they get praise?). Thanks for the seat sale, now make sure you get the J-man and I to and from our summer vacation smoothly!
  • Press Box Sports Bar. Excellent food and service the past couple of visits.
Jeers
  • The state of Regina's "roads". Granted, the weather hasn't been conducive to road repairs, but the streets really are in sad shape.
  • The grand Regina revitalization plan. I'll gladly cheer (loudly) for this plan, which includes a new stadium/entertainment facility, once you can show me the funding is in place. If it happens, it will be a fabulous thing for this city. But until the funding is secure, it's just a bunch of pretty drawings.
  • Whatever has caused my satellite radio to conk out. Until I can get it fixed next week, I'm stuck listening to Regina and Moose Jaw radio. The horror!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Cheers:

Pawzitive Attitudes - Koko and I just finished their Canine Braingames class. It was Koko's second time - not because he didn't learn enough the first time, but because he had fun the first time. And how often do 14-year-old blind and deaf dogs get to go out and have fun (and lots of treats)?

Animal Clinic of Regina - I'm not sure what it is (it may be the Azodyl prescribed for Koko's kidneys?) but this little old dog is feeling MUCH better. He surprised the trainer at class last night when he actually ran and jumped after a treat!

Jeers:

SaskEnergy. Yes, they're forced by law to change my energy meter. But that's no call to send me a letter that looks very much like a 'you owe us money' letter when I don't call them after the first letter. I'm sorry. Call between 9 and 5 on Monday to Friday? It's a busy, busy month at work - I don't have time to call. I don't have time to do much of anything 'personal'. And I shouldn't have to take time off work to be home for this.

Kids who wear dark colours at night. Yeah, it's cool and everything, but if you're jaywalking while doing so, don't be surprised if you nearly get hit by a car. And if you get honked at, don't just glare at the car and calmly keep jaywalking - for all you know, the car might not be able to stop in time.

Lite92 FM: for not letting me win their contest. Sure, I didn't enter, but still!