Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

It was kind of a quiet week, but let's see what sort of a list we can come up with:

Cheers
  • Roy Halladay. The best pitcher in baseball throws the first post-season no-hitter in over 50 years. This just in: he's pretty good.
  • Boston Pizza (north Albert). Not to be confused with fine dining, but the food and service were both good last night. That's all I ask, really.
  • Regina Minor Football. The amount of work Kelly Hamilton and Len Antonini put into that organization is amazing. I'm already looking forward to next season.

Jeers

  • Randy Moss. He really is the poster child for the era of selfish, petulant pro athletes. Enjoy not getting to the Super Bowl with Favre in Minnesota, Randy! (but feel free to score me many, many points in fantasy football in the meantime)
  • 2-4-1 Pizza. I thought I'd try something different for our football coaches meeting the other night. Which just proves the point that different is not always good!

That's all I've got. Feel free to send in your own lists!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Cheers:

My sister, who has a key to my house, for leaving work to come open my door for me when I locked myself and a dog out.

My mother, who is working hard on gluten-free stuff for Thanksgiving, so I can eat with the rest of them!

Stanfield's (yes, the underwear company) for their "The Guy at home in his underwear" campaign to raise money in suipport of testicular cancer awareness. Neat idea - you can see (a lot of) him at http://www.guyathome.com (and don't forget to check out the donation challenges! - want to see this guy fry bacon in his underwear?)

On the same topic, how about the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, for their participation in this great awareness video: http://www.youtube.com/user/SKCancerSociety#p/u/20/prx2ygup-tk (yes, it was filmed last year, but it's always timely!)


Jeers:

Twitter and their 'new twitter'. If you don't immediately jump on the bandwagon, they give you huge pop-ups that tell you to. Sorry. Everything new isn't good... just as everything different isn't good. :)