- The University of Regina Rams face a tall order tonight. They can earn a CIS home playoff game, but they have to beat the U of S Huskies in Saskatoon. That's never easy.
- The Regina Thunder face a similar challenge Sunday. They have to beat the Hilltops in Saskatoon to earn their first PFC championship. Good luck to both Regina squads!
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders look to snap a three game losing skid in Vancouver on Sunday. Expect Lions running back Jamal Robertson to get the ball early and often.
- If the Riders can finally hold a running back under 100 yards (it's been six games since they did that), they can win. If not, it'll be another looong game.
- The J-man plays his first game of the RCBA season tomorrow. His basketball team has decided to name itself Chuck Norris. Odd.
- The who's who of Regina will convene at the Victoria Club tonight for the latest installment of the cultural phenomenon known as High Impact Wrestling. The Palazzo man and I will join the denizens of the area affectionately known as degenerates row.
- The Regina Pats will try to extend their winning streak to four games when they host Spokane tomorrow night. I almost wish I didn't have other plans, as I'd like to check out the action for myself.
- Well, it looks as though the Stanley Cup parade down Yonge Street will have to wait a while yet. It was fun while it lasted though. Sigh...
- Any chance we could hook Graham James and Russell Williams up as cellmates? And then throw away the key?
Friday, October 29, 2010
Well, we've all managed to survive the week - despite the nasty first taste of winter weather in this part of the world.