- There's really nothing new I can contribute to the discussion and hand-wringing following the Saskatchewan Roughriders' loss to Calgary yesterday. It's all been covered by others.
- The question is - what's worse: The Riders' matador run defense, the anemic running game, or the (not so) special teams? Pick your poison, I guess.
- If the Riders end up hosting Edmonton in the west semi-final, does Eric Tillman make the trip to Regina with the Eskimos?
- How much of a media circus would that become?
- Congrats to the Regina Thunder, who will host Calgary in a PFC semi-final Sunday afternoon.
- The Thunder's regular-season record of 6-2 ties the best mark in team history, set back in 2002.
- The late Randy Shaw was honoured as CJFL coach of the year that season. Should Erwin Klempner start working on his acceptance speech?
- Speaking of, should Frank McCrystal be a leading candidate for coach of the year in the CIS?
- Frank has his troops in first place in Canada West and they should be in the top three when the weekly top ten rankings come out. Not bad for a team predicted to finish sixth in Can West!
- Let's hope the Riders find a way to secure the services of the Rams' dynamic duo of Adrian Charles (running back) and Akiem Hicks (DT). We already know they look good in green!
- Expect some rain in the Regina area tomorrow. I'm getting my vehicle professionally cleaned, so that should pretty much guarantee rain. Sorry about that!
Monday, October 18, 2010
What can I say, I've been busy today!