- If the Rider defense can make life uncomfortable for Henry Burris on Sunday, Saskatchewan will be in first place in the west by Monday morning.
- That doesn't mean the defense has to sack Burris. Just make him uncomfortable.
- I suspect we're going to see lots of pictures of smilin' Hank in a black bra at the stadium Sunday. I could do without it, but whatever.
- The CFL won't allow players to wear pink, not even for one game, during breast cancer awareness month? That's not a well thought out strategy.
- It's becoming increasingly obvious that a portion (thankfully, not the majority) of the Roughrider fan base is insane. When the team loses, they want players cut and coaches fired. When the team wins, they don't feel the victory was convincing enough.
- Frankly, even if the team won every game by 50 points, some folks would still find things to complain about. Wow.
- Good luck to the Regina Thunder in Winnipeg this weekend. The Thunder can clinch the first home playoff game in team history with a win over the Rifles.
- The University of Regina Rams are also in the Manitoba capital this weekend. The 4-1 Rams take on the 1-4 Bisons.
- The Regina Pats are on the road this weekend. I guess their remaining two thousand fans will have to find something else to do.
- Regina Sports Hall of Fame inductee Jamie Heward was a guest on Locker Talk this weekend. Seriously, how is Hewie not working in hockey in some capacity? It boggles the mind.
- How would you like to show up for a game in the Adult Safe Hockey League and find out Jamie Heward and Mike Sillinger are playing for the opposition? Yikes!
- If you haven't heard about it, the rivalry between Regina and Pilot Butte in the PJHL (junior B) is getting pretty heated. It might be worth swinging by the Al Ritchie arena on November 24th to check out the next battle between these two clubs.
Friday, October 15, 2010
It's time to blog about a little of this, and a little of that: