So, here it is. The lineup for the last ever episode of SportZone. I'll give you a moment to come to grips with the enormity of that statement. Indeed, television history will be made this evening!
The show airs tonight at 9 p.m., Thursday at 6 p.m. and Saturday at 4 p.m. It may also repeat a time or two between now and the start of a new broadcast season in September. It's been a fun ride. Drive safely, and don't forget to tip your waitress.
SportZone Guests for July 20/10
Co-Host: Carlo Palazzo
1. A preview of the 2010 season for the Regina Thunder junior football club. Guests: Erwin Klempner (Head Coach) & Mark Coons (Running back).
2. An update on this year’s action at King’s Park Speedway. Guest: Joe Shuba (Regina Auto Racing Club President).
3. A report on the 15th annual High Impact Wrestling Battle Royal extravaganza. Reporter: Brendan Pawliw.
4. It’s not too late to get that beach body for this summer! But, you do need to get yourself into the gym first. Guest: Michael Lindenbach (General Manager, Gold’s Gym Regina).
5. A report on soccer’s World Cup from a Regina resident who took in the spectacle. Guest: Nathan Morrison (SportZone World Cup correspondent).
6. The Blair Necessities. Our weekly sports commentary by local sports raconteur Mitchell Blair.
SportZone trivia: Which member of the Regina Thunder was named MVP of the Prairie Football Conference in 2009? Send us your answer, for a chance to win 10 free tickets to this weekend's races at King's Park Speedway!