- It'll be a long time before we see another football game (in any league) that matches the excitement generated by the Riders and Alouettes in the season opener, won 54-51 by Saskatchewan in overtime.
- I'm pretty sure the J-man's feet didn't touch the ground as we walked back to our parking spot in the aftermath!
- Many observers (including this one) wondered how Darian Durant was going to distribute the ball to all of his outstanding receivers this season. If one game is any indication, apparently it'll work out just fine!
- Sorry CKRM crew, but Durant was the offensive game star for the Riders, not Weston Dressler.
- Was it just me, or were the rest of the CFL games this weekend painfully dull by comparison?
- Rafael Nadal wins Wimbledon again. So much for the old theory that the kid could only win on clay!
- The J-man tells me his weekend fishing expedition went well. Today he's at the baseball camp put on by the Regina Red Sox.
- I thought my long weekend was down the sewer when the stomach flu moved in Friday morning. Thankfully, it was only a 24-hour variety.
- From a 4-day weekend to a (rare these days) 5-day work week. Oh, the humanity!
Monday, July 05, 2010
All good things (even 4-day weekends) must eventually come to an end!