- Many Rider fans are left scratching their heads about the trade that sent OL prospect Jonathan St. Pierre to the Toronto Argos for Canadian receiver Obed Cetoute. It's not that much of a mystery. St. Pierre had fallen behind other younger players (ie: Nick Hutchins) on the depth chart, and likely would have been released anyway.
- Granted, the Riders aren't exactly hurting for Canadian receivers, but Cetoute is an intriguing prospect.
- The Montreal Alouettes have an opening on the OL, after the retirement of centre Bryan Chiu. I wonder if the Riders dangled St. Pierre at the Als before sending him to Toronto?
- Good news! The Riders will have their #1 fan (the J-man) in attendance for most, if not all, of their home games this season. For a while there, it looked as if he was only going to make it to two games this season. That would have been unacceptable!
- The J-man's baseball team had an interim head coach (ie: me) for two games yesterday. We knocked off the number one team in the league (must have been the brilliant coaching), before reverting back to the same old Twins in the second game.
- I welcome the pending return to assistant coach status tonight.
- That's really poor planning to have game two of the NBA finals on tv at the same time as game five of the Stanley Cup final. Apparently Gary Bettman has zero pull with his former employer, NBA commissioner David Stern. What a surprise.
- I will consider it a very successful spring if the Blackhawks and Celtics win their respective championships.
- Don't look now, but the Blue Jays haven't crashed to earth yet. I may just have to get the J-man and I to a game when we're back home this summer.
- In the meantime, the Regina Red Sox aren't a bad entertainment option either. The Sox have opened the season with four wins in five starts.
- I had a misadventure at Suds car wash this weekend. Suffice to say I wasn't happy with the service. Have they gone downhill the last couple of years?
- Big thanks to faithful reader Bev and her dog Missy for providing Dexter with some much-needed tutelage this weekend! Now, if only he retains the information...
- I might be one of about four people who still haven't seen the movie Avatar. I should probably do something about that.
Monday, June 07, 2010
These are my thoughts. Go get your own!