- The choice between Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin for top pick in the NHL draft is sort of like picking between a (Seguin) Cadillac (solid, well-built, stylish and reliable), and a used (Hall) Ferrari (exciting as hell, but you're not entirely sure what it will do a thousand miles from now).
- I think the Oilers will go for the Ferrari with the first overall pick, even though they could probably use a centre more than a winger.
- I sure hope Pats' sniper Jordan Weal hears his name called early at the draft.
- The latest rumour has Weal being selected with the last pick of the first round by Chicago.
- Chicago? Isn't that the team that "Brokeback Brouwer" kid plays for?
- It's interesting how selective some memories are about certain infamous incidents in local radio history.
- So, does this week's roster moves mean Brent Hawkins and Luc Mullinder will start at defensive end when the Riders host Montreal next Thursday night?
- If the Riders encounter injury troubles along the offensive line, will Kelly Bates come off the 9-game injury list early? Don't bet against it.
- The North Regina Little League season comes to a merciful end this weekend.
- Our Major A Twins take on the Red Sox in the league final. We only need to win one game, while the Sox have to beat us twice.
- So, do I start our best pitcher in game one and ride him to the finish line? Or save him for a potential second game?
- Is this the kind of stress Cito has to deal with?
- So, on the basis of all the rain we've received, how bad are the mosquitos going to be at this time next week? Yikes.
- Only 28 more days until a southern Ontario holiday with the J-man. Only 28 more days...
Friday, June 25, 2010
An assortment of thoughts from a water-logged brain: