- Saskatchewan Roughriders. Rider GM Brendan Taman made a big splash on the first day of free agency by signing coveted offensive linemen Brendon Labatte (the pride of Weyburn) and Domenic Picard, and defensive back (and Regina native) Paul Woldu. Those signings should improve the o-line and special teams.
- Regina Pats. After a horrid ten game stretch, the Pats are riding a three game winning streak behind terrific performances from goaltender Matt Hewitt. If they keep this up, these guys just might steal a series or two in the playoffs.
- Jeremy Lin. How can you not like the story of the New York Knicks guard who has gone from 5th stringer to star almost overnight?
- Regina General Hospital. Granted, the service wasn't the speediest, but they took good care of the J-man and his injured ankle. That's all a parent can ask for, really.
- The cold or flu bug from hell. Seriously, I'm still coughing three weeks later? That just isn't right.
- People who ask for coverage on our little sports talk show (Locker Talk), and then bail out the day of the taping. Thankfully it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's damn annoying.
- The segment of the fan base who believe Cary Koch's departure from the Riders (via free agency) signals a pending football Armageddon. Koch's a nice guy, a hard worker, but in the end - eminently replaceable.