Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

I suppose a football flavour would be appropriate for this post, seeing as it's Super Bowl week and all!

Cheers
  • Pee Wee Unicorns coaches. When we started out coaching in Regina Minor Football five years ago, I had to almost beg people to help out. Now we have a waiting list!
  • I'm especially grateful for the help of the two gentlemen (Coaches Makie and Hofmeister) who don't have a kid on our team, yet still offer their services each year.
  • Cathedral Acupuncture Clinic. I have no idea what Sonya is saying most of the time, but she seems to know what she's doing!

Jeers

  • Anyone who thinks Saskatchewan is ready to support a second CFL franchise. Just stop.
  • The NFL Pro Bowl (and all-star games in general). These games have virtually zero entertainment value. Each pro sport should just name end-of-season all stars and let's be done with it.
  • This cold or flu bug that I've picked up. This is a nasty one!

1 comment:

Bev said...

I don't have many of either this week...

Cheers:

- One I forgot last week: Rochdale Auto Repair. Squeezed me in last minute on a Friday afternoon. I expected to be left until last. Nope. An hour and a half later, I was outa there, and my car didn't stall once. (Unlike a certain incident I once had with Canadian Tire). Very happy!

Jeers

- I wanna say SaskTel again. Because when I contacted them about my BlackBerry problems still not being fixed -- I'd been talking to them via e-mail -- they responded 'Oh, we just do online help. We can't help you with this. You'll have to call SaskTel.' Communications rule here: The way a customer contacts you is their preferred method of communication. There's a reason I used the internet form (I never have time during SaskTel 'open' hours to call!), so that's how I prefer to communicate. Unless *SaskTel* wants to call me. I *did* pass on my phone number in the initial exchange.

And I'm still fighting that bug, too. So I'm still grumpy.

Oh, just one more thing I wanted to say: Could Saskatchewan support a second team? There is a chance Saskatchewan *could*. The question is *will* Saskatchewan support a second team? To do so would mean half of the province would have to abandon the Riders. I don't think you'll get that many people jumping ship. Saskatchewan loves their Riders too much - even when they're not winning.

And that's it for today. Hi, Pete! Hope you feel better soon!