- A big thumbs up to everyone at St. Gregory school for a stellar Christmas concert last night.
- Of course, the kindergarten munchkins stole the show (as they do every year), but the J-man's class did a pretty darn impressive dance number. My kid, the dancer. Who knew?
- I would have loved to congratulate him in person after the performance, but...that's another story.
- We have a lot of leftovers from yesterday's office Christmas party. Who's hungry?
- If there's a charity that wanted to pick up some of this stuff, I imagine that could be arranged.
- So, a Montreal newspaper is reporting that neither Doug Berry nor Richie Hall are in serious contention for the head coaching job with the Riders. Interesting, if true!
- I'm going to place my faith in the three wise men (Brendan Taman, Ken Miller and Jim Hopson) on this one. Seems appropriate, given the time of year!
- It looks as though the makeover of the Regina Pats is almost complete. Will it pay off? We don't know that until next year at the earliest.
- In the meantime, it'll be another season without a playoff berth. This has to be getting really, really old for season ticket holders.
- Dion Phaneuf doesn't deserve to wear the C for the Toronto Maple Leafs. There, I said it. Okay, typed it.
- Mind you, he is Brian Burke's type of guy. All bluster, with no substance. Or tangible results.
- I think we'll be announcing the winner of the first annual Locker Talk Regina Athlete of the Year on next week's show. It's an idea that's long overdue, in my opinion.
- "But hey, isn't someone else already planning to present an award like that?" True, but is there a problem with providing even more recognition for local athletes? The Oscars and Golden Globes seem to be able to coexist. I don't see a problem.
Friday, December 17, 2010
The last day before two weeks of holidays. It's amazing that I can form thoughts at all, so take what you can get: