- Don't look now, but the Saskatchewan Roughriders have closed to just two points back of Calgary in the CFL's west division. Kudos to the Riders for a comeback victory in Hamilton Saturday.
- Weston Dressler's touchdown catch at the end of the first half was pretty sweet, but Montreal's SJ Green still has the catch of the year in the CFL.
- While the Riders were roaring back against the Tabbies, the atom Cougars were taking one on the chin in their RMF playoff/bowl game against the Bears.
- Despite that, congrats to the J-man and all the Cougars for a terrific season. A 5-2 record is nothing to hang our heads about!
- Also, thanks to the assistant coaches and team managers for making me look better than I deserve to.
- Next year we move up to the pee wee ranks. A longer season and an extra practice a week. Should be fun!
- Don't look now, but the U of R Rams are tied for top spot in the Canada West standings, and will likely be in the top five in this week's CIS top-ten rankings. Nice!
- The Regina Thunder have slipped to 3rd place in the PFC standings, after back-to-back losses in Saskatoon and Calgary.
- The Regina Pats have been awful on the powerplay, which is a major reason why they've opened the WHL season with two losses.
- You would have to think the Pats will be better on the PP with Carton Ashton and Jordan Weal back from their respective NHL training camps.
- I suggest we are owed this nice weather, after that miserable excuse for a summer we just endured. Let's get outside and enjoy it!
Monday, September 27, 2010
A few thoughts on a few things: