- Is there any reason the Riders shouldn't lay waste to the Bombers in Sunday's Labour Day Classic? None spring to mind immediately.
- The Riders have a healthy, but struggling, quarterback. Winnipeg has reasonably effective, but injured, quarterbacks. Edge goes to the Riders.
- They might want to move the start time of the game back a couple of hours. The turf should still be scorching hot from the atom Cougars' game on Saturday night.
- The Cougars will look to run their record to an unprecedented 4-0 by (hopefully!) knocking off the Lions on the Taylor turf.
- I think it's also time for the J-man to celebrate his first touchdown. He got a taste of the end zone last week by scoring on a two-point convert. Now it's time to take it up a notch.
- I really, really enjoy coaching minor sports. A lot.
- I have also thoroughly enjoyed (from a distance) the squabbles between warring factions of Rider zealots over the past week. The Scruffy vs BigSexyDawg battle is shaping up to be a classic, followed closely by Obama vs Scott. Good times...
- The Bombers are coming to town and Rider fans are fighting amongst themselves? WTH?
- Mind you, the battle of the media bloggers (Pedersen vs Drinnan) has been pretty heated too. Maybe the whole world needs just an enema or something.
- Good luck to Cougars Offensive Coordinator John Makie, as he gets set to lead his "other" team (Miller high school) into battle against Notre Dame today.
- Access 7's new sports talk show will be on the air in less than two weeks. It was a nice break, albeit a brief one!
- The 9th anniversary of 9/11 is coming up in less than a week. It still seems like it happened just yesterday.
- Do you have any songs that instantly take you back to another time in your life? Apparently "If You Leave" (OMD - Pretty in Pink soundtrack) is one of those tunes for me. Who knew?
Friday, September 03, 2010
Another week chugs toward an inevitable conclusion, and the world keeps on spinning...