Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

Once again this week, we look at impressive (and not so impressive) performers from the world of customer service - and elsewhere.

Cheers
  • The atom Cougars. The harder we work them, the harder they (well, most of them) work. Sounds simple, but it really isn't.
  • Southland Safeway. They actually stock the products they have listed on the shelves! I know, it shouldn't be a radical concept, but for some retailers (Hi Walmart!), it is.
  • A little guy (first year player) on the Cougars, who comes up to the coaches after EVERY practice - just to thank us for putting the team through their paces. That's very, very cool.

Jeers

  • The lower life forms who race around downtown Regina (generally on the sidewalks) on their (very likely stolen) bicycles. Called one a douche bag this morning. Felt pretty good.
  • Petcetera. If you never have any of a particular dog food in stock, perhaps you might want to order more of it? Just a thought.
  • The various individuals and businesses listed under "Appliance Repair" in the Yellow Pages. I need my stove fixed. You fix stoves. Any reason you can't return a phone call? Too busy riding your bikes downtown? Douches.

1 comment:

Bev said...

I've missed a few weeks here, but I'll try to keep this brief.

Cheers:

Hotel Fort Garry in Winnipeg. Impressive. And if you can get the breakfasts included in your room price, go for it. They're totally worth it - especially if you realize that the Sunday brunch would otherwise cost you $45!


The young fellow who came to my house asking if he could do my lawns. He did - including the forest of weeds in the back yard. He totally earned the money I gave him!

Author Gary Corby, whose first book will be out in October. A really nice guy who checked into getting an advanced review copy of his book for a friend of mine. He couldn't, but he tried!

Kendra, who groomed both Koko and Missy last week. Missy is feeling a lot better now, and Koko's looking quite handsome!

The sweet foreign lady who kept calling me, asking me how I was, but couldn't understand that I was a wrong number until she got a translator. I have to admit, one of her calls managed to break me out of a crabby mood. :)

Jeers:

The new Rochdale WalMart Supercentre. What was wrong with the old Walmart, where we could find what we were looking for? Now, not only is there a HUGE grocery area, everything is mixed up so you can't always be sure where you're going to find what you're looking for.

And a mixed Cheer/Jeer:

Red Lobster. I don't care what people say - I still enjoy their food, and their service on Friday was wonderful.

On the other hand, not being able to make reservations is a big inconvenience. Not even being able to go in early to save a table for a large group makes it really difficult for us to go there.

And telling me that 'a lot of places don't accept reservations' doesn't help. I know this - our group goes out weekly to restaurants all over the city. This is why I show up an hour early to get a table. We probably won't be going back to Red Lobster for quite a while. :(

Huh. So much for keeping it short. Sorry.