Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

First post of 2010 - can't you just feel the excitement? Here's my list of those retailers/merchants who shone over the past couple of weeks, and those that didn't:

Cheers
  • Organizers of the World Junior Hockey championship. The J-man thoroughly enjoyed our two visits, therefore I rate the event an unqualified success.
  • Hockey Regina. No 7 am games or practices over the holidays is a good thing. A very good thing.
  • Old Navy. I took advantage of some Boxing Day deals and - despite the long lineup - didn't waste a lot of time doing so.
  • Krazy Kiley's. More great service from Calvin and Brian over the holidays. Thanks guys!
  • M & M Meat Shop. With their help, I was able to treat the J-man to a (mostly) authentic Polish Christmas Eve feast.

Jeers

  • Capital Ford. You want me to spend $1700 on repairs to my SUV? Over Christmas? Gee, how unfortunate that my extended warranty expired recently (sarcasm off). You don't mind if I get a second opinion, do you?
  • Retailers who fawn all over you when you're dressed for a day at the office, but treat you like pond scum when you're casually dressed (and/or unshaven) on holidays and weekends. I'm reminded of a saying about a book and a cover...
  • The "Eh! O'Canada Go" cheer. Just lame.

Okay folks, your turn!

4 comments:

Bev said...

I like M&M Meat Shop. I don't understand why you put that under Jeers. Was it the 'semi-authentic' part?

By the way, if you want a rich, creamy dessert, their double caramel cream cheesecake is absolutely divine.

Guess you could call that a Chear for M&M. :)

Pac58 said...

Whoops, that was supposed to be a cheer for M & M. I'll get my people to fix that right away!

Bev said...

Oh, good! They're good people.

I wonder how those fawning retailers treat our fine mayor, who doesn't seem motivated to even shave anymore...

I'd also like to send cheers to my wonderful neighbours, who once again cleared my snow-filled driveway!

Autumn said...

I couldn't agree more about the cheer.