Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday musings

Thoughts from someone who thinks the concept of a snow day is fine in theory:

  • I would appreciate it if the folks I'm paying to keep my sidewalks clear would make an appearance before I have to trudge through knee-high snowdrifts to get to my vehicle! Guess I'm just funny that way.
  • I doubt I will ever go back to driving a vehicle that isn't equipped with four wheel drive. Not as long as I live in this part of the world.
  • Well, look at that. Brett Favre tries to make a ridiculous throw, and it ends up costing his team a trip to the Super Bowl. Where have I (2007 Packers) seen that before?
  • I told you Vikings fans, I told you.
  • Was that interception the last pass Favre throws in the NFL? I doubt it.
  • I'm not a big Colts fan, but I'm sooooooo glad we've seen the last of the New York Jets for this season. So much arrogance, and with so little reason to be arrogant...
  • The Regina Pats took three out of four points from the Swift Current Broncos on the weekend, then had their game against Kootenay postponed last night.
  • So, the Pats are still six points back of Red Deer for the final playoff spot in the WHL east, and the Rebels have two games in hand. That's not a great scenario.
  • Mind you, the Pats are also seven points out of sixth place in the conference, so there's still plenty of - as they say in the corporate world - opportunity for advancement.
  • Next up for the Pats, a home-and-home set with Moose Jaw this weekend, including the TransCanada Clash alumni game. Should be fun!
  • Oh, you're supposed to put the wood stain on before the wood finish? Oops.
  • Yet another reason why I will never, ever be confused for a handyman.
  • Does a 25% surcharge (duty and taxes) sound right for $200 worth of clothes shipped from the U.S.? What the hell ever happened to free trade?

No comments: