Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday thoughts

These are my thoughts. Go get your own! I kid...

  • With Ken Miller as the VP of football operations and Brendan Taman as the general manager, the Saskatchewan Roughriders have managed to achieve both experience and continuity at the top of the football ops pyramid. That's not a bad thing.
  • I don't have a problem with the way the Riders have reorganized the front office. Taman and Miller seem quite capable of running the football operations department.
  • It looks like the Riders have actually started the process of succession planning within the organization. Imagine!
  • Let's see how the Regina Pats rebound from last Saturday's embarrassing 4-3 shootout loss to Swift Current, when they host the Broncos again tonight.
  • It's the first of three games in three nights for the Pats. I suggest they need 4-5 points this weekend if they're serious about climbing back into the playoff picture.
  • I have no idea who to cheer for in this weekend's NFC championship game. Part of me wants the Saints to advance to their first Super Bowl.
  • Lord knows, New Orleans deserves some joy after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
  • However, part of me still cheers for that decrepit old bugger who quarterbacks the Minnesota Vikings. What's his name again?
  • The AFC final is a much easier choice. I don't care for any teams from New York (in any sport). Sorry Jets, but I'm hoping Indy bursts your bubble.
  • The planning has already started for the J-man's birthday extravaganza in March. You should probably start shopping now, in order to beat the last-minute rush.
  • "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!" QFT.

No comments: