Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to 2008!

Happy New Year everybody! I hope your New Year's Eve was fun, and safe. I rang in the year in my favourite way, with a cute little blonde by my side. Okay, so the blonde was my 8-year old son. Got a problem with that? I certainly don't!

Did you make any resolutions? Young Jacob made two - to help out around the house (including picking up his stuff without being asked), and to work on raising the puck in hockey. Mine include one popular favourite (dropping a few pounds) and to also find a full-time, permanent job. My contract with the government runs out at the end of March. No panic, but I do need to land something by April.

I also thought it might be worthwhile to suggest a few resolutions for local sports teams/folks:

  1. Regina Pats - Find the passion. Trade for it, if necessary.
  2. Saskatchewan Roughriders - a repeat of 2007, and (on a selfish note) send me the occasional guest for my show.
  3. University of Regina - hoist another championship banner this year. Wrestling, perhaps?
  4. U of R Rams - overcome some key graduations, and earn a Vanier Cup berth.
  5. Rod Pedersen - get some rest.
  6. Rob Vanstone - give up on the Broncos. Plenty of room on the Packers bandwagon!
  7. Jon Ryan - A trip to the Super Bowl, with your kicking cleats included.

Got any other suggestions? Let me know!

In the meantime, I hope 2008 gives 110%, comes together as a team, takes it to another level and overcomes all the obstacles en route to a championship season for you!

No comments: