Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend in review

It was a most-enjoyable sports viewing weekend, if I do say so myself. The Regina Pats notched a pair of victories, as their new-look lineup continues to develop into a cohesive unit. I was particularly impressed with Friday night's 5-2 victory over the defending Memorial Cup champion Vancouver Giants. The Pats were up 5-0 before the Giants scored a couple of late goals - both on 5-on-3 power plays. If Regina continues to play like that (tough, hard-working and smart), we could be in for an exciting spring around here.

Young Jacob had a hockey game of his own Sunday afternoon in Gray, Saskatchewan. I was pleased to be there, at least until I realized HE was not! Give me strength...

And then there's the matter of the Green Bay Packers. The Pack spotted Mitchell Blair's Seahawks a 14-0 advantage before roaring back to take a 42-20 victory. Green Bay will host the New York Giants in next Sunday's NFC Championship game. Welcome to the frozen tundra, Eli Manning! We trust you won't be enjoying your stay.

No comments: