Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Musings

Apologies in advance if these thoughts seem a little more water logged than normal! Could somebody turn off the water now?

  • Some interesting things happened Friday night, while the Saskatchewan Roughriders were edging Edmonton 31-24 in CFL action.
  • Rookie pivot Tino Sunseri showed remarkable poise under pressure, in leading the Riders to the 4th quarter comeback win. 
  • I don't think Sunseri is ready to challenge Drew Willy for the back-up spot, but he's solidly entrenched as #3 on the depth chart now.
  • Unless DeDe Dorsey shows something spectacular against Calgary Thursday night, the Riders might be well advised to keep looking for a backup to Korey Sheets at running back.
  • The Riders' inability to run the ball against the Eskimos concerned me. The pass protection was solid, though.
  • This is going to be the most aggressive defense we've seen in years around here.
  • They'll make big plays for sure. The flip side of that coin is that any mistakes by the defense will result in big, big plays by opposing offenses. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
  • Place kicking is a concern. Right now, I don't know if Chris Milo or Brody McKnight is in the lead in that competition. Neither has been overly impressive.
  • How was your Father's Day? Mine was celebrated a day early, but no complaints.
  • The boy and I checked out the new Leopold's Tavern on the weekend. I really like the vibe in that place, and the enormous, cheesy nachos didn't hurt either!
  • Only two episodes left until Locker Talk shuts down production for the summer. I know, I feel your pain. We'll be back in September, though. Promise.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Hey! Welcome back to the blog! I *just* noticed that you started blogging again -- you started a week before my holidays, so I'd had to stop checking your blog all the time so I could plan my trip. :)

Looking forward to reading interesting commentary again!

Pac58 said...

Interesting commentary? Why the hell would I start doing that now? :)

Bev said...

Hey. All I know about sports, I learn from you and Twitter. And from you on Twitter. So there's got to be something interesting going on there. :P