- There's considerable angst in Rider Nation about last night's 24-23 exhibition loss to the Calgary Stampeders. Rider Nation needs to relax a little.
- Granted, there is plenty of room for improvement, but the CFL season is a marathon, not a sprint. The key is to be the best team in November, not June.
- If would help if somebody steps up and hits the occasional field goal, though!
- The defense definitely has big-play potential. For, and against!
- On offense, there is some work to be done. The offensive line is a work in progress. The interior of the line seems solid, but the tackles had a tough night last night.
- Reports say Geroy Simon - who didn't catch a pass last night - was limping after the game. I really hope his last season in B.C. wasn't the start of his body betraying him. Sooner or later, time catches up to everyone.
- Head Coach Corey Chamblin and crew have some tough decisions to make prior to tomorrow's roster deadline. How gut-wrenching must it be to have to tell a young man his football dream is over? Granted, it's worse for the player hearing that news!
- We had some serious rainfall in Regina yesterday, but nothing like our neighbours to the west are experiencing. I don't feel entitled to complain about a little water in my basement after seeing the flood damage in Alberta.
- So Lebron and the Miami Heat won their second straight NBA title last night. I sort of figured the Spurs were done after blowing that late lead in game six.
- I wonder why the NBA isn't a bigger deal in Canada? Likely because the Toronto Raptors have been a non factor since Vince Carter was patrolling the hardwood for them. Too bad.
- You'll be reading about the RMF bantam Sun Devils in this space a fair bit between now and mid October. I think we might be in a position to make some noise this season. Sure hope so, anyway!
- Considering the amount of rainfall we've had this week, how plentiful will the mosquitoes be around here in a week or so? Shudder.
Friday, June 21, 2013
Just, you know, putting these out there: