It's the final show of the season! On last year's season finale, Mitch and I were roughed up by a couple of local pro wrestling goons, as part of a hostile takeover event. So of course we've invited High Impact Wrestling on for tonight's show. What could possibly go wrong?
Assuming we survive, we'll be back on the air after Labour Day. In the meantime, here's the lineup for this week's show:
Locker Talk Guests for June 25/13 – Season Finale
Co-Host: Mitchell Blair
1. Dozens of Regina athletes are getting set to represent our province at the 2013 Canada Summer Games. Guest: Lorne Lasuita (Team Sask Chef de Mission).
2. Patrick Palmer, Human Guinea Pig. Our intrepid, if not intelligent, assistant tries his hand at another death-defying sport. This month: Mini Indy kart racing.
3. Access 7 Sports Plays of the Month. For June.
4. These are heady times at High Impact Wrestling. The Regina-based organization has launched a second promotion (Wildside), and is gearing up for the annual Pile O’ Bones Rumble in July. Guests: King Kash (Wrestler/Promoter) & Robbie Gamble (HIW Heavyweight Champ).
5. Our hosts don’t just talk about sports, they walk the walk too! On our season finale, Pete and Mitch risk life and limb to tangle with a couple of seasoned veterans in the sport of lawn bowling.
6. The Blair Necessities. Mitch’s weekly sports commentary.