- Wanna bet the players at the Saskatchewan Roughriders' training camp are itching to start hitting people in other uniforms?
- This is the part of camp where grumpiness sets in, and taking it out on opposing players is always better than hammering your own teammates!
- Taj Smith is supposedly putting on quite a show at receiver the last couple of days. I thought his starting position might be in jeopardy this year. Apparently not!
- Is anyone else hoping like crazy that Rob Bagg does not go down with another injury? That guy deserves some good luck for a change!
- I was worried that Toronto Blue Jays tickets were going to be hard to come by when we visit southern Ontario in July. Apparently that won't be an issue!
- So, what has gone wrong with the Jays? Frankly, I think they overestimated their starting pitching. Dickey seems to be rounding into form, but Josh Johnson is injury prone, and Mark Buehrle is..well, he's Mark Buerhle. Serviceable at best.
- Friday, August 23rd is going to be a day/night to remember. The J-man and I will be in Green Bay, Wisconsin to cheer on the Packers against Seattle in NFL exhibition action. That's gonna be a lot of fun!
- Hopefully that trip won't conflict too badly with our RMF schedule. Assuming I actually get a team to coach, that is. There were apparently twice as many applicants for bantam coaching positions this year than there are teams.
- In the meantime, I have our coaching staff assembled, and we've started mapping out our training camp and practice schedules. Hopefully that work isn't for nothing!
- I think I'm going to demand that the City of Regina give me a million dollars. No particular reason. Just because. Seems to be the thing to do!
Friday, June 07, 2013
These are the thoughts that occupy the dark recesses on a sunny Friday morning: